Students working together to solve today's technological challenges one step at a time.
Welcome to Laulima Tech Challenge '15!
Join us from 9am to 6:00pm on March 14th and 15th at the ProtoHUB Honolulu located in Kaka'ako.
Laulima Tech Challenge '15 is geared towards College Students who are able to perform all tasks with talents ranging from software development or digital graphic design to project management.
At this event, small businesses around Oahu will present their business challenges pertaining to technical software solutions and/or social media presence. Students form their development teams and will be matched up with a PMI Mentor. Each team will have the opportunity to engage with these businesses in an effort to develop a viable solution.
Participation in the hackathon is FREE. Just bring your creativity and a laptop.
This event is brought to you by: Hawaii Pacific University College of Business, HPU Computer Club, HPU MBA Club, HPU Project Managment / IT Club, Project Management Institute - Region 7, and the Project Management Institute, Hawaii Chapter. And a special thanks to Sultan Ventures and The Nature Conservancy of Hawaii for their support!
Schedule for Event
9:00am – 9:45am Breakfast & Networking
9:45am – 11:00pm Opening Ceremony & Business needs presentation to group.
11:00am – 12:00pm Mentor Introductions & Group formation and Business Representative Coordination
12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm – 4:00pm (Optional participant attendance) guest speakers
4:00pm - 6:00pm Group work and coordination with mentors
9:00am – 9:30am Breakfast
9:30am – 12:00pm Group work and coordination with mentors
12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm – 3:00pm Group work and coordination with mentors
3:00pm – 4:30pm Judges' Introductions & Team Presentations
4:30pm – 5:30pm Judging time
5:30pm – 6:00pm Presentation of awards and prizes
You must be a student enrolled in an accredited educational institution on the island of Oahu.
WHAT DO I SUBMIT?
- An Overview Pitch Presentation that explains what your software’s premise is, how it relates to your organization, and its key features. You should also introduce your team and explain your interest in technology.
- A Contest Software usable by the judges
- Contest Software Instructions document explaining how to use your software
How to enter
When you’re ready to enter your submission, go to the http://laulimatechchallenge2015.challengepost.com/ homepage and click CREATE A SUBMISSION. You can also start this process and save a draft of your submission as you’re working on it.
- Make sure to include good screenshots.
- Write a clear, detailed description of your application.
- Include the link to the prototype demo
- Include instructions on how to use your app(demo).
- We recommend not creating presentation slides, but instead focusing all your time on creating a functioning demo.
- On the submission form, list all your team members by their ChallengePost user name.
A senior enterprise business analyst at Hawaiian Telcom
L.P. “Neenz” Faleafine
CEO and Community Developer of Pono Media, LLC
Executive Secretary, City and County of Honolulu Neighborhood Commission Office
Pipeline, Strategy and Partnership at Energy Excelerator
Scale 1: Complexity of Business problem
How complex was this business problem?
Scale 2: Innovative Technology
Is this technology in use now?
Scale 3: Repeat of something in use
Is this project original?
Scale 4: Presentation / Pitch:
Were all the of the presentation requirements met? Was the presentation informative?
Scale 5: Prototype
Is the prototype functional and visually appealing?